Hip Arthroscopy: Day 2 Post-Op

Day 2 started a little rough.  I woke up feeling sore everywhere.  My leg hurt because of the surgery, obviously, but also my back and my good leg were sore from compensating and using crutches.  Luckily, I was able to get comfortable on the couch pretty quickly, and used the ice machine shortly after waking up.  Within 30 minutes, I was feeling good again.

Day 2 was similar to Day 1; I mostly sat on the couch, used the ice machine, and got up to move every once in a while.  I did finally get out of the house – Erin and I went to Bev’s Homemade Ice Cream shop with a friend.  It’s only 4 blocks away, but we drove.  The stairs were tricky, but manageable.  I’d read a lot of blogs by people who waited until day 7 or longer before they left their house, so I’m surprised and pleased that I felt well enough to do so.

Other notes about Day 2:

  • Erin helped me again with some passive movement exercises.  My range of motion was better today than yesterday, probably about 60 degrees of movement in total
  • Max Payne is an awful, confusing movie.  So far, my movie selections are concerning – is this a side effect of the Percocet??
  • Some additional bruising around the incisions appeared in the afternoon, but no additional pain
  • Erin was able to go to work for a few hours.  This was the first time she left me alone since the surgery, but with a little planning ahead, I survived without any trouble

Are you recovering from surgery for FAI or a torn labrum?  I’d love to hear how your recovery is going – feel free to post a comment below!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s